Progress on our COVID-19 Vaccination programme
We want to assure everyone that GPs in Derbyshire are working hard to deliver the COVID-19 vaccinations to its patients. This has been the subject of very stringent rules and regulations and you can be assured that the NHS is working around the clock to finalise the details.
Everyone has an important part to play and we’re asking people to remember the following:
· please don’t contact the surgery to seek a vaccine, we will contact you;
· when we do contact you, please attend your booked appointments;
· please continue to follow all the guidance to control the virus and save lives.
Vaccinations will be prioritised based on the Government’s Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) who identify patients based on the prevention of serious illness from COVID-19. Prioritisation is primarily based on age, as the risk of serious illness and death from COVID-19 increases with age.
When will I get my vaccinations?
Click here for more information of when you will receive your vaccination
This priority list is as follows:
- residents in a care home for older adults, and their carers
- all those 80 years of age and over, and frontline health and social care workers
- all those 75 years of age and over
- all those 70 years of age and over, and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
- all those 65 years of age and over
- all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious illness and death
- all those 60 years of age and over
- all those 55 years of age and over
- all those 50 years of age and over
Please do not contact the surgery regarding this vaccination, we will be contacting eligible patients directly.
Why do I have to wait? An NHS leaflet for further information
Further information on Covid-19 guidance and how Appletree is operating during the pandemic can be found here